The lovely Helen Best Shaw from Fuss Free Flavours imparts her tea habits and desires in this month’s Time for Tea blog spot.
1. What is your favourite tea to set you up for the day first thing in the morning?
I am an afternoon tea type of person – I drink coffee in the morning – but occasionally I’ll have a coconut, banana and matcha smoothie for breakfast.
2. What is your favourite tea to relax you in the afternoon?
It depends – I always drink my tea without milk and usually choose something light – Japanese, Chinese greens and whites. I always use my Emma Bridgewater teapot, silver tea strainer and use a china mug.
3. What do you like best about Steenbergs teas?
The variety and quality! And that I know that they are organic and FairTrade, or traded fairly
4. Which Steenbergs tea would you most like to try and why?
The white tea stars – they look adorable – or any of the flowering teas.
5. Who would you most like to have a cup of tea with and why?
Skye Gyngell – who is my favourite chef and writer by far. I had the most amazing meal at Petersham Nurseries about 6 years ago and can still clearly remember her amazing salt cod. Her flavour combinations are wonderful, I want to cook everything from her cookbooks.
For more of Helen foodie news, you can contact her via: